Let Us Touch the Sky...
Nepal is the home of mountains. The awe-inspiring, majestic mountains of Nepal attract the tourists from far and wide. Mount Everest, the world's highest peak, juts out in north eastern region of the country, on the Sino-Nepalese border. It seems competing with other mighty mountains. Adventure activities like mountaineering, trekking and hiking can be enjoyed in this mountain range. Journey on these mountains transends one to an entirely different world. Mountain biking is also a popular game in this region.Fast Facts
|Mountain||Height||Date of Ascent||Ranking in the World|
|Everest||8848m (29028ft)||29th May 1953||Highest mountain in the World|
|Kanchenjunga||8586m (28169ft)||25th May 1955||# 3|
|Lhotse||8501m (27890ft)||18th May 1956||# 4|
|Makalu||8463m (27765ft)||15th May 1955||# 5|
|Cho Oyu||8,201m (26,906ft)||-||# 6|
|Dhaulagiri||8167m (26794ft)||13th May 60||# 7|
|Manaslu||8156m (26758ft)||9th May 1956||# 8|
|Annapurna||8091m (26545ft)||3rd June 1950||# 10|
Snow LineSnow line generally occurs between 5,000 and 5,500 meters. The region is characterised by cold climatic and rugged topographic conditions. Human habitation and economic activities are extremely limited. Population The region is sparsely populated, and whatever farming activity does exist is also confined to the low-lying valleys and the river basins. Upper Kali Gandaki Valley is an example of such valleys.Mountaineering Regulations According to the Nepal Mountaineering Association:-
- Any person or mountaineering team wanting to climb Nepal Mountains and Peaks must receive permission from Nepal Mountaineering Association.
- The team shall not indulge in activities that may be contrary to the customs and religious, political, social or cultural traditions of the locals.
- The team shall set up camps in its route to the base camp in such a way that they are acceptable to the local people or as prescribed by Government.
- The team shall not have any arms, ammunition and explosives etc. They are required to take government permission for the same.
- The team shall not get involved in any activity, which is or may be likely to affect negatively to the security and reputation of Nepal.